Welcome! Beacon Pet Hospital is a full service, fully digital small animal hospital. We are committed to provide the highest quality in medical and surgical care to our patients with dedication, compassion and respect towards the owners and their beloved family member. We communicate options, while respecting the decisions of our clients and helping them provide their pets the best health care possible.
- Dedicating extensive time for the appointments to provide our patients with a comprehensive exam and to discuss our clients’ concerns.
- Promoting the principles of honesty, respect, friendliness, trust and teamwork in our practice.
- Taking the time to educate our clients to ensure they are able to make an informed decision for the best interest of their beloved pets.
- Ensuring our practice is a state-of-the-art facility with up-to-date technology and treatment protocols.
- Striving for continuous improvement at all levels.
- Setting standards for our practice to provide the best possible and most appropriate veterinary care.
- Being professional in our appearance and behaviour.
- Exceeding our clients’ expectations.
If you are a personable and ambitious individual with excellent communication skills and with a natural will to support us meet the above values, we would like to meet with you! We are always looking for experienced veterinary technicians and receptionists.
Veterinary Receptionist/ Assistant
We are currently accepting resumes for a full time and a part time Veterinary Receptionist to join our dynamic and progressive small animal practice. This position would be a perfect fit for a part time Veterinary Receptionist who is looking for a secure full time career in the field of veterinary medicine.
Skills: We are looking for a highly motivated, confident, positive, individual with initiative and great interpersonal skills.
Experience: Minimum one-year experience working in a veterinary clinic or a graduate from an assistant program with working experience in animal handling. Avimark experience is an asset but not necessary for the right individual.
Education: Diploma from a Medical Office Assistant Program OR a combination of experience as a Veterinary Receptionist and high school diploma.
Job duties: We strive to provide the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients with dedication, compassion and respect towards the owners and their beloved family member. The job requires strong computer skills and entails various operations tasks from reception duties to animal restraint:
- Greeting clients.
- Weighing patients.
- Multi-tasking between answering the phones and assisting clients at the front desk.
- Interpreting medical concerns from clients and managing the appointments’ booking accordingly.
- Occasionally, helping the veterinarian with the patient restraint.
Salary and benefits: Competitive wages commensurate with the experience (see above). The chosen candidate will also be provided a variety of benefits after a probationary period.
Contact: Send your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the front desk.